Being prepared for a disaster can save your pets' lives. Most importantly, if you must evacuate, do not leave your animals behind. We recommend that you keep the following items in a secure easy to reach location, such as inside your pet carriers, ready to grab and go:
1. A week's supply of food, water, litter and pan bowls, sealed in water-proof containers
2. Current ID tags on your pet at all times (we recommend microchipping all pets, ask your vet for details)
3. Current color photos (in case your pet is lost) and pre-made LOST posters, preferably with a cell phone number and out-of-area alternate contact
4. A list of safe places to take your pets, including hotels within driving distance that accept pets
5. If you do leave your pets at home, print out this emergency sticker and post it on your front door to notify emergency response teams. Right-click the image and select "Save as..."
(Image courtesy of the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA)
MyGlendaleCityNews is your online hub for all official Glendale news and updates. To subscribe to our mailing list, click here.